Worst customer service possible

I need to unblock my number to continue getting inmate calls. The first attempt at reaching customer service was 35 mins before i hung up. Live chat was of no help, and they told me to call customer service. I called the second time and have been on the phone for a hour an a half already. This is unbelievable! I would never recommand this service to anyone. They are extremely expensive but of no help. You are giving your money away for no results. I'm still one the phone and it appears like I just won't be able to recieve calls anymore.

Securus is an evil, evil company. They pay the jail administrator a hefty fee (up to 40%) to be THE ONLY phone service available for inmates.

That's a monopoly, and those are kickbacks. The quality of their service is abysmal, I get disconnected frequently, and often there is so much static and interference on the line I can barely hear. Their customer service is essentially non-existent, and they have a policy to not issue refunds for cell phone users - even though THEY DISCONNECT THE CALLS. They charge you for the maximum allowed time for a call (20 minutes) even if you get disconnected, BY THEM, after one minute.

Then they won't issue a refund because you're on a cell phone and they say they're not responsible for dropped calls on cell phones. THE CALL WASN'T DROPPED, IT WAS DISCONNECTED BY SECURUS. I know this because a recording comes on and says "This call is being terminated, no third party calls are allowed," even though it's NOT a third party call.

Help file a class action lawsuit against this vile, criminal company. Send your contact information to: ClassActionSecurus@***.com.

Did You Ever Figure Out What Happened?? Im Having SameProblems

@PissedConsumer749424

Call the jail or even the sheriff and have them resolve it for you!

@PissedConsumer733298

The jail personnel cannot help - these are issues about service provided by Securus.

View more comments (4)
New Chicago, Indiana
Securus Technologies Inmate Phone Service

Securus Is THE Most Horrible Company I Have Ever Dealt With!!

I set up an account with Securus so that I could speak with my sister who is currently incarcerated. I made an initial payment in the amount of $100. They immediately charge you $6.95 to make a payment. They actually CHARGE YOU TO GIVE THEM MONEY!! So I had a $93 balance to start with. My sister literally called me EXACTLY 4 times for a total of 20 minutes of talk time all together. When she tried to call for a Fifth time, They would not connect her. I called them and found out I only had $6.50 left on my balance!! So then I had to go through the automatic telephone system for 5 minutes just so they could connect me to a real person. I am not exaggerating when I tell you that I had to wait on hold for 52 minutes. And during that time they had me listen to a 15 second message that loops over and over and over and over again.... That means I had to listen to the same message over 200 TIMES!! Finally I heard ringing and someone picked up and said "Can I have the phone number associated with the..." And then nothing. I said "Hello"...."Hello". I then looked at my phone and it said call ended - 52 Minutes. I was furious!! So then I waited until later in the day and tried to call back. This time I waited on hold for 49 minutes and was then disconnected yet again! Can you believe this? So then I decided to go to their website. I logged on and went to the "Call Details" screen. This for some reason is blank. So basically their online services are useless. So I gave up for the day. The next day I called them again and was put on hold for an unbelievable 67 minutes until somebody finally answered. The woman started off with asking me for my name and number. I told her my name is Joseph *******. She said that was not the name listed for the account. I asked her what name WAS listed on the account then. She said she couldn't tell me for "security reasons". I racked my brain trying to convince her that the account was indeed mine. Telling her my pin number didn't help either. Eventually I said "Are you sure the name on the account isn't Joseph *******. She said "No it's Not". Well then after a couple more minutes of this I finally said "MY Name is Joe ******* and this is my account". She then said "Oh okay...You didn't say Joe....You said Joseph". As you can imagine, I was flabbergasted. What person in their right mind could not understand that Joe and Joseph are the same person? So moving on I proceeded to tell her that I made a $100 deposit and was only able to talk for 20 minutes. She then informed me that there is a $2.75 Connection Fee Per call! Well that was news to me because before I set up the account I went to the menu option that told me their rates. The rates that were explained to me were $8.50 for 15 minutes of talk time. Any normal person would assume that means it's about $0.55 Per Minute. She said it's $0.36 Per minute with a $2.75 Connection Fee. Again....They did not explain that when I set up the account. So basically if we only talked for 10 seconds, I would be charged over $3. So then I asked her even with that connection charge, How is it that I could have used $90 with only 4 phone calls at 5 minutes a piece. She didn't answer me, So I said "Hello?"....."Hello?". Yep....You guessed it. SHE HUNG UP ON ME!!! So just to sum it all up, Over the course of 2 days I spent 4 Hours waiting and $100 to talk to my sister for just 20 minutes. To top it all off I found out that you must have a minimum of 11 Minutes($6.72) of talk time left on your balance to receive any calls at all. Since I only have $6.50 left, I can't even use that. Unless I add 22 Cents to my account which would cost me another $6.95 fee to add. Is this crazy or what? I'm surprised this company is still in business with the way they operate. They are blatantly ripping people off. When you try to call them they put you on hold for so long hoping that you will hang up. So here it is: Trying To Get Answers = 2-3 Days Time Waiting On Hold = 4 Hours Total Money Spent = $100 Services Received = Slim To None I recommend you stay as far away from this company as possible. By the way, I remember a time when some little thing called the Better Business Bureau would go around and keep these companies in check and prevent them from fleecing the American consumer like this. Companies in this country(And Others) only care about one thing. Getting as much money as possible from people any way they can regardless of the consumers concerns or enjoyment from the products they provide. President Bush #2 pushed through the removal of more government regulations than any other president before him. It happens every time a republican comes into office. We need those regulations to help police these Corporations from ruining our economy, infrastructure, Ecosystem(BP), Consumer faith and many other aspects of commerce in our country. Can anybody tell me why a corporation has any right to "Get In Bed" with our Government ran penal system in the first place? I'm sorry for my (Slightly Off Topic)rant. I just had to vent a little. If you have read all of this review, Thank You for your time. PISSED OFF Consumer From Ohio.

SECURUS

I’ve never known anyone incarcerated until 2 months ago.

Trying to navigate a simple phone call, or video has left me more devastated than words can express.

The *** hole my loved one is being held (Dell Valle, TRAVIS COUNTRY, Austin TX) does not allow face to face visits. No email. Only video or collect phone calls. My friend is in a bi-polar mania, was thrown in solitary with only *** for a toilet, and no toilet paper, his hands were placed in restraints that caused wounds. No toilet paper, caused the wounds to become infected. Does this sound like America or some 3rd world *** hole?

SECURUS charges $1.80 for the call, and $13.80 just because they can. In one instance, I was attempting to chat online for SECURUS support as my first video chat wasn’t going through. I was told I was #12 in the line, and after over 1.5 hours of waiting for an online chat, when I finally was #2, I got a message saying, “your online chat has been cancelled.”

Securus online tech support is a joke, left holding for 1.5 hours, and then my call is cancelled. I was left on hold for 20+ minutes on phone support. Not once did a tech ever inform me prior to my video call that SECURUS is not compatible with Apple computers, only PC. So, no face to face, no email only RAPE by video on a PC or phone. The sock puppets that run SECURUS should be in jail themselves for the pain and suffering they cause people for the fact they have a loved one in jail. Our elected leaders have let us down allowing such an evil company to exist.

Securus is a total rip off! Youre charged 6.95 everytime you add $ to your account.

They offer the lowest quality of service by far then other prison ph systems ive dealt with before them.

So I wasnt surprised when securus did not follow a FCC order! Something must be done to bring this company down I thought there was nothing worse then the devil him/herself, Securus must be their spawn!

But the real problem as I see it is that they control the phones on the inmate side so there is nothing we can do about it. As long as there is no choice, they can do and charge whatever they want.

I just closed my account with them and I hope they don't 'block' my number. i will have no communication channel left.

@PissedConsumer760036

how did you close your acct with them????

I agree with everything you mentioned above. Well I have a better one for you.

I was minus 33 on my account and I put 22.00 on my account plus the 7.98 charge which should have left me with a positive balance of 21.67 but it stated you have a balance of 21.00. They took .67 cents on their on doing. so I'm on hold to find out why they took my 66 cents.

It just principle. Can't wait for their answer so I can send it to the BBB and attorney general.

View more comments (5)
Newark, Ohio
Loss
Do they not realize that most of us are struggling financially since our husbands are in PRISON and cannot contribute to the family income at the moment? I think its MORALLY WRONG to charge someone $10 to put money on their account. The only way to avoid this is to...

Securus OWNS the phone lines. I'm sorry to tell you sweetie, but there is no other company to use.

They are IT ! Good luck. I wish you we'll in your struggles.

I am suffering same as you. All I can say is find a way to cope - love letters work for me.

Securus Technologies Account

Creating account no live operators *** automated useless customer service number

Added money to account for innate calls..still saying my number is not eligible to recieve calls ,will not let me create account for my phone number,have spent to much time trying to speak to a real person have tried every number and website service given to me. Very Fed up with this service and want a refund on my money that is apparently unable to be used through this service..ridiculous thumbs down to securus inmate calling system. Why can't you just call straight to company add money and it be set up why have to create amounts for any number to recieve calls..money goes to immature account they should be able to call any number. Big scam and hassle

Sherman Anti trust Act. Why does it seem that this business isnt following this act by over pricing these calls and the prisons as well are making lots of the consumer?

Doesnt tnis seem like capitalizing on cruel and unusual punishment also for the consumer as well?

View more comments (1)
Nashville, Tennessee
Loss
They prices are too high, and if you don't pay your bill they will automatically revert your account to a prepaid account just to get more money out of you. It's not fair and the service sucks!! I won't be going through Securus no more. Securus just wants to keep...

Plano, Texas
Loss

This is the worst to receive calls BEWARE!

There web sight is the worst after setting up i couldn't log in did live chat and they were NO help. called the eight hundred number they advised me " wright a letter" well that made no since because I needed to speak to him about court for the next day... They basically said your screwed then! after all that we could not get through and had to use a different company. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY BEWARE YOU WILL LOOSE YOUR MONEY,TIME. FYI securus.net is a scam to get your money BEWARE you been warned do not give in google is your friend.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
Loss
So, I have a friend that is currently on lock-down due to some fraudulent charges brought on by his ex. He will be getting out soon, but I needed to speak with him to see what he wanted to do when he gets out. I have his belongings and what not. Decided to try to phone...

Since December 2014, its has been a process to get in the system..cant login, everytime i put in my email.. and password it dont work..stops at a certain screen when trying put to finish the process.i gave up .

I cant see my friend because of this system.this is my very first time ever. If the is down what to do?

Joliet, Illinois
Securus Technologies Phone Service
I tried to get on a non paying for my son and he pays on his end why do I have to pay a home phone bill and a cell with all un limited been for yrs and and Iask them to not put me on it talking about a $200phone limit I don,t want and they refuse to take it off my home...

Borger, Texas
Loss

This company is a rip off

This company is a rip off because the calls cost too much and you have to pay 6.95 each time you add money to your account. They need to make a better system for families who are struggling. We want to talk to our love ones and they are just ripping us off. They calls are like 5 or 6 dollars for only 20 minutes this company really needs to do something about there calling system. I still pay because.this is the only way to keep in touch with my husband. I pay more with this.rip off of company than my cell phone and land line phone. They cost too much they are definitely suck.

Boston, Massachusetts

LOST ACCOUNT

When they changed their web-site I lost my account. I try to sign in with my usual credentials and receive an error "Authentification failed, please try again". I tried resetting the password, they give you a temporary password, and I receive the same error. A week ago, after waiting on the phone for over an hour, I spoke to someone who found my account, verified my balance and said the only thing he could do is deactivate my account and within 24 hours I would get a reactivate email. Well the email finally came a week later. I followed the instructions and I got the same error. I called again, waited 1 hour and 15 minutes and they still could not help me. I was told to email tech and within 24 hours I would get a response to walk me through their process. I still have not heard anything. In the mean time, I cannot speak to my son, he cannot call his daughter or anyone. I cannot sign up for a new account because they already have my information and it makes me try to sign in. All I want is to talk to my son and give him the opportunity to call his daughter. I have been using this company for over a year, and this is the worst time I have ever had. Their unwillingness to support and aide their customers is a shame and very frustrating. If I had another option I would definitely move my business elsewhere.

Joplin, Missouri
Loss
Unable to speak to someone about an account problem. There solution to customer service questions is to end the call or even the chat. Absolutely the worst customer service experience I have experienced. No possibility of speaking to a live person, and if you do...
#2017895

Your company said you are having some problems and it would be corrected by 5-21-21 still I can't receive in coming call from NNCC. Can't get an live operator.

Your company can or cannot help. You have my payment of $25.00 not it's $23.00.

Irasburg, Vermont
Securus Technologies Account

Droped calls no customer service

When on a CELL phone EVERCOM/SECURUS phone system .when my wife talks to her son in last 14 months , only when they say certain names or words the phone will say no 3rd party calls ,first of all she doesn't know how to do that. her phone hasn't had dropped calls in 2 years and they don t say "no 3rd party calls" . they just drop . so when she calls to complain you say no 3rd party calls or you r using cell phone, they don't even let u finish r sentence why we r calling . she uses this phone for everything everyday calls and not 1 has been dropped or said 3rd party calls . is this ur way to make extra money . why does it only drop when certain things said "We get no explanation". we cant even talk to supervisor to explain. their employees well indoctrinated. Come on people. Don't talk to ADDELL (SECURUS NON/customer service) she is rude, obtrusive and will not let you talk to any one about it. will not have a supervisor call you will hang up on you. did thank you ADDELL give me an address to write to P O BOX 1109 ADDISON TX 75001 ATT: SECURUS BILLING would not or could not give me a name to address the complaint to how is any one going to help me we need to start writing congressmen about their contracts and who they are given out to and if we the people of the USA government could please get some help with the repair of their telephone system so in the 21 century we could use our cell phones please and have a proper place to place complaints to . my wife doesn't think its ur technology . she keeps saying in 14 months only when certain names and words r spoken it says :no 3rd party call ". do u catch on to what we r saying . probably not. we aren't ***. Yes ADDELL we do pay your salary we are tax paying adults this is a contract paid by our tax dollars.

I am 70 years old. Every time I try to put money on my telephone account they reject my card.

and I cannot get a live person to deal with the problem. This is awful. The customer service does not exist.

The card is good . This company should be banned from serving the prisons

I have had my share of problems and the catch 22's that go along with having Securus. I suggest that everyone having problems with Evercom/Securus file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and the Federal Communication(FCC) and just keep complaining to anyone that will listen. Texas newspapers,local news stations - anyone and everyone.But definitely FCC & BBB.

View more comments (1)
Sherman, Texas
Loss
I called because I was being disconnected due to Third party calls and there was none. Note this takes all of the money on the phone card. Also a recording came on and stated there was no more min left and if I wanted to continue talking I had to pay 14.99! I called...

ID
#419553 Review #419553 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Dayton, Ohio
Loss

I have never been more frustrated with a company

You cannot get a live body on the phone. Two nights in a row I was on hold for nearly an hour before giving up. I tried the online chat and got an agent on the PC after waiting more than half an hour. She kept telling me I would have to call the 800 number and speak to an agent because she couldn't find my account, the same account that we'd added money to just two days ago and the one that was used that very evening to receive a call. I asked whether she was an agent, and she said yes, but she only handled chat lines and couldn't verify the existence of the account. The only way she could look it up was by the passcode. I gave her the passcode, and she still couldn't find it (the same one I'd just used to verify the balance when I called the automated system). I gave her both phone numbers that were allowed to be called on the account, and she still couldn't find it. Gave her the name on the account, still no. I was trying to create a debit account, which the facility specifically told me was handled by this company. They told me to call the facility. This company can't find its own *** with both hands.

You are all correct, they are not giving anything but a hard time. they have all of the power.

If anyone knows who controls them that would be helpful. I do not think they are governed by anyone and that is the problem. i am getting billed for calls I do not receive. I have written letters, complained, waited on hold but you get the royal run around.

I am a bail bond agent and they have put me out of business. Point is the only way to get their attention is to get out your check book and pay what ever they say, because you and I have no way to tell if what they are saying is true.

Someday someone will take over their business. That will be a good day.

View more comments (2)
Loss
this has happened too much! I get a call from prison, and after the operator talks for 3-4 minutes and says .."you may press any key to begin speaking.." I press any key, and the operator talks even more, ( I am saying "hello" at this point, but I am...

Chicago, Illinois