Show reviews that mention
phone money account calls service securus number customer service customer inmate
Filter review

Securus Technologies - Creating account no live operators *** automated useless customer service number

Added money to account for innate calls..still saying my number is not eligible to recieve calls ,will not let me create account for my phone number,have spent to much time trying to speak to a real person have tried every number and website service given to me. Very Fed up with this service and want a refund on my money that is apparently unable to be used through this service..ridiculous thumbs down to securus inmate calling system. Why can't you just call straight to company add money and it be set up why have to create amounts for any number to recieve calls..money goes to immature account they should be able to call any number. Big scam and hassle
Aamirah

Sherman Anti trust Act. Why does it seem that this business isnt following this act by over pricing these calls and the prisons as well are making lots of the consumer?

Doesnt tnis seem like capitalizing on cruel and unusual punishment also for the consumer as well?

Sueko

Securus is an evil, evil company. They pay the jail administrator a hefty fee (up to 40%) to be THE ONLY phone service available for inmates.

That's a monopoly, and those are kickbacks. The quality of their service is abysmal, I get disconnected frequently, and often there is so much static and interference on the line I can barely hear. Their customer service is essentially non-existent, and they have a policy to not issue refunds for cell phone users - even though THEY DISCONNECT THE CALLS. They charge you for the maximum allowed time for a call (20 minutes) even if you get disconnected, BY THEM, after one minute.

Then they won't issue a refund because you're on a cell phone and they say they're not responsible for dropped calls on cell phones. THE CALL WASN'T DROPPED, IT WAS DISCONNECTED BY SECURUS. I know this because a recording comes on and says "This call is being terminated, no third party calls are allowed," even though it's NOT a third party call.

Help file a class action lawsuit against this vile, criminal company. Send your contact information to: ClassActionSecurus@gmail.com.

View more comments (1)
Nashville, Tennessee
Loss
They prices are too high, and if you don't pay your bill they will automatically revert your account to a prepaid account just to get more money out of you. It's not fair and the service sucks!! I won't be going through Securus no more. Securus just wants to keep...

Plano, Texas
Loss

Securus Technologies - This is the worst to receive calls BEWARE!

There web sight is the worst after setting up i couldn't log in did live chat and they were NO help. called the eight hundred number they advised me " wright a letter" well that made no since because I needed to speak to him about court for the next day... They basically said your screwed then! after all that we could not get through and had to use a different company. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY BEWARE YOU WILL LOOSE YOUR MONEY,TIME. FYI securus.net is a scam to get your money BEWARE you been warned do not give in google is your friend.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
Loss
So, I have a friend that is currently on lock-down due to some fraudulent charges brought on by his ex. He will be getting out soon, but I needed to speak with him to see what he wanted to do when he gets out. I have his belongings and what not. Decided to try to phone...

Since December 2014, its has been a process to get in the system..cant login, everytime i put in my email.. and password it dont work..stops at a certain screen when trying put to finish the process.i gave up .

I cant see my friend because of this system.this is my very first time ever. If the is down what to do?

Joliet, Illinois
Securus Technologies Phone Service
I tried to get on a non paying for my son and he pays on his end why do I have to pay a home phone bill and a cell with all un limited been for yrs and and Iask them to not put me on it talking about a $200phone limit I don,t want and they refuse to take it off my home...

Borger, Texas

Securus Technologies - This company is a rip off

This company is a rip off because the calls cost too much and you have to pay 6.95 each time you add money to your account. They need to make a better system for families who are struggling. We want to talk to our love ones and they are just ripping us off. They calls are like 5 or 6 dollars for only 20 minutes this company really needs to do something about there calling system. I still pay because.this is the only way to keep in touch with my husband. I pay more with this.rip off of company than my cell phone and land line phone. They cost too much they are definitely suck.

Boston, Massachusetts

Securus Technologies - LOST ACCOUNT

When they changed their web-site I lost my account. I try to sign in with my usual credentials and receive an error "Authentification failed, please try again". I tried resetting the password, they give you a temporary password, and I receive the same error. A week ago, after waiting on the phone for over an hour, I spoke to someone who found my account, verified my balance and said the only thing he could do is deactivate my account and within 24 hours I would get a reactivate email. Well the email finally came a week later. I followed the instructions and I got the same error. I called again, waited 1 hour and 15 minutes and they still could not help me. I was told to email tech and within 24 hours I would get a response to walk me through their process. I still have not heard anything. In the mean time, I cannot speak to my son, he cannot call his daughter or anyone. I cannot sign up for a new account because they already have my information and it makes me try to sign in. All I want is to talk to my son and give him the opportunity to call his daughter. I have been using this company for over a year, and this is the worst time I have ever had. Their unwillingness to support and aide their customers is a shame and very frustrating. If I had another option I would definitely move my business elsewhere.

Joplin, Missouri
Loss
Unable to speak to someone about an account problem. There solution to customer service questions is to end the call or even the chat. Absolutely the worst customer service experience I have experienced. No possibility of speaking to a live person, and if you do...

Securus has charged my credit card for video visits that havent happened! Cant get thru to a live agent and I'm pissed.

Disputing with my bank! *** how they capitalize off peoples hardships!

Irasburg, Vermont
Securus Technologies Account

I am 70 years old. Every time I try to put money on my telephone account they reject my card.

and I cannot get a live person to deal with the problem. This is awful. The customer service does not exist.

The card is good . This company should be banned from serving the prisons

Sherman, Texas
Loss
I called because I was being disconnected due to Third party calls and there was none. Note this takes all of the money on the phone card. Also a recording came on and stated there was no more min left and if I wanted to continue talking I had to pay 14.99! I called...

ID
#419553 Review #419553 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Dayton, Ohio

Securus Technologies - I have never been more frustrated with a company

You cannot get a live body on the phone. Two nights in a row I was on hold for nearly an hour before giving up. I tried the online chat and got an agent on the PC after waiting more than half an hour. She kept telling me I would have to call the 800 number and speak to an agent because she couldn't find my account, the same account that we'd added money to just two days ago and the one that was used that very evening to receive a call. I asked whether she was an agent, and she said yes, but she only handled chat lines and couldn't verify the existence of the account. The only way she could look it up was by the passcode. I gave her the passcode, and she still couldn't find it (the same one I'd just used to verify the balance when I called the automated system). I gave her both phone numbers that were allowed to be called on the account, and she still couldn't find it. Gave her the name on the account, still no. I was trying to create a debit account, which the facility specifically told me was handled by this company. They told me to call the facility. This company can't find its own *** with both hands.
Sueko

You are all correct, they are not giving anything but a hard time. they have all of the power.

If anyone knows who controls them that would be helpful. I do not think they are governed by anyone and that is the problem. i am getting billed for calls I do not receive. I have written letters, complained, waited on hold but you get the royal run around.

I am a bail bond agent and they have put me out of business. Point is the only way to get their attention is to get out your check book and pay what ever they say, because you and I have no way to tell if what they are saying is true.

Someday someone will take over their business. That will be a good day.

Basil

When on a CELL phone EVERCOM/SECURUS phone system .when my wife talks to her son in last 14 months , only when they say certain names or words the phone will say no 3rd party calls ,first of all she doesn't know how to do that. her phone hasn't had dropped calls in 2 years and they don t say "no 3rd party calls" .

they just drop . so when she calls to complain you say no 3rd party calls or you r using cell phone, they don't even let u finish r sentence why we r calling . she uses this phone for everything everyday calls and not 1 has been dropped or said 3rd party calls . is this ur way to make extra money .

why does it only drop when certain things said "We get no explanation". we cant even talk to supervisor to explain. their employees well indoctrinated. Come on people.

Don't talk to ADDELL (SECURUS NON/customer service) she is rude, obtrusive and will not let you talk to any one about it. will not have a supervisor call you will hang up on you. did thank you ADDELL give me an address to write to P O BOX 1109 ADDISON TX 75001 ATT: SECURUS BILLING would not or could not give me a name to address the complaint to how is any one going to help me we need to start writing congressmen about their contracts and who they are given out to and if we the people of the USA government could please get some help with the repair of their telephone system so in the 21 century we could use our cell phones please and have a proper place to place complaints to . my wife doesn't think its ur technology .

she keeps saying in 14 months only when certain names and words r spoken it says :no 3rd party call ". do u catch on to what we r saying . probably not.

we aren't ***. Yes ADDELL we do pay your salary we are tax paying adults this is a contract paid by our tax dollars.

View more comments (2)
Loss
this has happened too much! I get a call from prison, and after the operator talks for 3-4 minutes and says .."you may press any key to begin speaking.." I press any key, and the operator talks even more, ( I am saying "hello" at this point, but I am...

Chicago, Illinois
Loss
I was on the phone with my boyfriend and it dropped my call 3 times in a row. My boyfriend would keep calling back and it would keep cutting us off. After the 3rd time, he said that he would call some other time so I wouldn't lose anymore money. Then the next night, he...

Des Moines, Iowa
Loss
I use my credit card to be able to get phone calls from someone in jail.I had Togo. Through Securus correctional billing services. Pierce v ed my bank statement today and went over them. Secures has over charge me. On several occassion they charge my credit card twice...

Topeka, Kansas
Loss
My husband went to ohio to visit a cousin and wound up in jail on a big charge I live in Alabama with our 5 kids I got the call he was going to jail and from that minute on was a scarec nervouse wreck as well as him in our emotional state I didng relize I let him use...

Charleston, West Virginia