134 views

this has happened too much! I get a call from prison, and after the operator talks for 3-4 minutes and says .."you may press any key to begin speaking.." I press any key, and the operator talks even more, ( I am saying "hello" at this point, but I am disconnected....(the operator says"the caller disconnected)!....I am immediately charged $9.99.

!and for what!this has happened several times and it is just terrible to treat people like this .this has happened too much!

I get a call from prison, and after the operator talks for 3-4 minutes and says .."you may press any key to begin speaking.." I press any key, and the operator talks even more, ( I am saying "hello" at this point, but I am disconnected....(the operator says"the caller disconnected)!....I am immediately charged $9.99. !and for what!this has happened several times and it is just terrible to treat people like this .

Product or Service Mentioned: Securus Technologies Inmate Phone Service.

Location: Chicago, Illinois

Comments

Securus is an evil, evil company. They pay the jail administrator a hefty fee (up to 40%) to be THE ONLY phone service available for inmates.

That's a monopoly, and those are kickbacks. The quality of their service is abysmal, I get disconnected frequently, and often there is so much static and interference on the line I can barely hear. Their customer service is essentially non-existent, and they have a policy to not issue refunds for cell phone users - even though THEY DISCONNECT THE CALLS. They charge you for the maximum allowed time for a call (20 minutes) even if you get disconnected, BY THEM, after one minute.

Then they won't issue a refund because you're on a cell phone and they say they're not responsible for dropped calls on cell phones. THE CALL WASN'T DROPPED, IT WAS DISCONNECTED BY SECURUS. I know this because a recording comes on and says "This call is being terminated, no third party calls are allowed," even though it's NOT a third party call.

Help file a class action lawsuit against this vile, criminal company. Send your contact information to: ClassActionSecurus@***.com.

Securus Technologies Reviews