196 views

I called because I was being disconnected due to Third party calls and there was none. Note this takes all of the money on the phone card.

Also a recording came on and stated there was no more min left and if I wanted to continue talking I had to pay 14.99! I called the jail and inquired about the phone cards my son had and was in formed he just got several and they are all good! Why wasn't there enough mins? Is this some kind of scam on people that are already having a hard time!

I called them and was told if I'm using a cell phone and it switches towers it would come thru as a third party??? Why would the tower switch if I'm staying in one place?

Product or Service Mentioned: Securus Technologies Phone Service.

Location: Dayton, Ohio

Comments

Securus is an evil, evil company. They pay the jail administrator a hefty fee (up to 40%) to be THE ONLY phone service available for inmates.

That's a monopoly, and those are kickbacks. The quality of their service is abysmal, I get disconnected frequently, and often there is so much static and interference on the line I can barely hear. Their customer service is essentially non-existent, and they have a policy to not issue refunds for cell phone users - even though THEY DISCONNECT THE CALLS. They charge you for the maximum allowed time for a call (20 minutes) even if you get disconnected, BY THEM, after one minute.

Then they won't issue a refund because you're on a cell phone and they say they're not responsible for dropped calls on cell phones. THE CALL WASN'T DROPPED, IT WAS DISCONNECTED BY SECURUS. I know this because a recording comes on and says "This call is being terminated, no third party calls are allowed," even though it's NOT a third party call.

Help file a class action lawsuit against this vile, criminal company. Send your contact information to: ClassActionSecurus@***.com.

You should call the customer service number on back of the card and have them check the minutes left for you before you throw the cards out, could be something that resolved itself later.

When on a CELL phone EVERCOM/SECURUS phone system .when my wife talks to her son in last 14 months , only when they say certain names or words the phone will say no 3rd party calls ,first of all she doesn't know how to do that. her phone hasn't had dropped calls in 2 years and they don t say "no 3rd party calls" .

they just drop . so when she calls to complain you say no 3rd party calls or you r using cell phone, they don't even let u finish r sentence why we r calling . she uses this phone for everything everyday calls and not 1 has been dropped or said 3rd party calls . is this ur way to make extra money .

why does it only drop when certain things said "We get no explanation". we cant even talk to supervisor to explain. their employees well indoctrinated. Come on people.

Don't talk to ADDELL (SECURUS NON/customer service) she is rude, obtrusive and will not let you talk to any one about it. will not have a supervisor call you will hang up on you. did thank you ADDELL give me an address to write to P O BOX 1109 ADDISON TX 75001 ATT: SECURUS BILLING would not or could not give me a name to address the complaint to how is any one going to help me we need to start writing congressmen about their contracts and who they are given out to and if we the people of the USA government could please get some help with the repair of their telephone system so in the 21 century we could use our cell phones please and have a proper place to place complaints to . my wife doesn't think its ur technology .

she keeps saying in 14 months only when certain names and words r spoken it says :no 3rd party call ". do u catch on to what we r saying . probably not.

we aren't ***. Yes ADDELL we do pay your salary we are tax paying adults this is a contract paid by our tax dollars.

@Basil Tgv