Verified Reviewer

I was funding my fiancés call account and I had no idea these were all phone accounts. One says debit, so I assumed it was for the commissary.

No, I was wrong. Either way Securus took my money. I tried to get it refunded and they told me that the facility had the money and I need to contact them. I did just that and while I was explaining that I was sending money to my loved one, the facility told me they do not have that set up with Securus.

I went back to Securus and they said that my loved one would have to request a refund when he was released. This was after many attempts, phone calls and emails to Securus. So, when my loved one was released in February of this year we called just as they told me. Every call was the same thing, they would disconnect the call or they would say that they would have to call us back, but never did.

This was no less than 10 calls. I gave up for awhile and tried again. I spoke to two females that were actually very patient and had excellent customer service skills. They said that if I did not hear back from them to call back in a week.

I waited two weeks to make sure they did what they needed to do. Well, back to square one. I was told today that I have to contact the facility because they have the money. They said that they are a third party that accepts the funds and forwards to the proper facility where your loved one is.

I called the facility back and guess what they told me? They said that we are only a third party that accepts the funds and they go right to the inmate. Ha! What a joke.

So what we have here are a bunch of incompetent people that have no idea what they are suppose to do. I know this, you will not keep my $100 because now we go to small claims. You want to make my life hard then lets play. Idiots!

You get zero stars. You are pathetic.

Taking money from those who need it. Damn shame.

User's recommendation: Do not use this service. Try anything else. They have no integrity.

Securus Technologies Pros: Way to help loved ones stay in contact.

Securus Technologies Cons: Refuse to refund my 100 dollars.

Comments