1.3

I regularly fund my Husband's Inmate debit account. On 8/3/2019 I added $100, which would normally last several months.

I did not know at the time that he had caught a Major Case on 7/31/2019, and was in Protective Custody/PHD. He has been there ever since, and will not be coming out for quite a long time.

He still has his hearing, but he will lose a line class, which means Closed Confinement and NO CALLS at all for at least 2 YEARS!!!

That money could go toward all of his personal needs, commissary, hygiene, correspondence, etc...

However, Securus thinks, that because it is an Inmate Debit, the $$$ belongs to him. Well I am sorry (not sorry) but I worked for the money, I added the money from MY bank account, it belongs to me, and I WANT IT BACK!!!!!

Securus says he can request a refund upon release. When??

in 2049?? He has a 50 YEAR SENTENCE!!!! I could transfer the money now to Commissary-NO! NO!

Advance Connect-NO!

Ecomm-NO! Donate to Charity @ Tifa-NO!

It has to sit there gathering dust for the next 15-25+ years, doing no one any good, EXCEPT Securus, who will PROFIT the money along with all the money from Thousands of Other family members who cannot get their money back!!!

Securus desperately needs to place several Notices on their web page, in multiple places, that require solving a captcha, that make it completely clear that once any money goes into an Inmate Debit Account, it is GONE FOREVER, you can never get a refund or transfer it, it "belongs to the inmate", but the inmate cannot access it to use it for necessities while incarcerated. They can only request a refund AFTER RELEASE!!!

This Policy is Archaic, and is Designed specifically to take money from Desperate Families and Loved Ones, who really have no other choice because of the Monopoly on Inmate Calling Services In TX and through TDCJ!!!

I told Customer Service that I would just Dispute the Charge through my Bank, and the woman said that they would ban me from the company for 60 days, I would have to re-register with a new number, and I would have to put $500 down to open a brand new account!!!!

I HIGHLY recommend, that if you are a New Customer, and you are trying to decide which type of account to choose.....

DO NOT, under any circumstances, choose an Inmate Debit Account. Choose Advance Connect, and Apply for a post paid account, just incase a collect call occasionally slips through.

My Next Best Advise: Do EVERYTHING in your power to get another Company approved for TDCJ inmate calls, so Securus is NOT the only choice!!!

This is one of the absolute Worst Companies I have ever dealt with in my 49 years on this Planet, and I have dealt with everyone from ATT to Dish to Walmart to Visa to Dell to Verizon, etc., etc....

Product or Service Mentioned: Securus Technologies Inmate Phone Service.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Securus Technologies Pros: It is the only company available to call lo in tdcj.

Securus Technologies Cons: Refund policy, Dropped calls, Horrible call quality, Non-exisitant customer service, Banned if you dispute through your bank.

• no customer service