I have a cousin in an Illinois prison.He got there in March.

I set up a Securus account for him to be able to call me. He filled out the call sheet and was told it takes 6 weeks to get them approved. Securus says it takes that long because the prison does the approval. That is simply not true.

I have spent 6 1/2 hours trying to get to the bottom of why I still can't speak to my cousin. In April, he got approved.... to call the wrong phone number. No one is quite sure how that happened because Securus (when I finally talked to someone) said that it takes so long because they make sure each phone number matches the account.

The number approved and my number definitely do not match. He put a second form in on May 6th. The Securus employee for that district picked the forms up on the 12th of May. It is now 8 weeks and no approval forthcoming.

I called the institution and spoke at length with his counselor, who sees him regularly and is responsible for all of this type of paperwork. I went to the Securus website and used the ONLY phone number available on the site. It is a completely automated system. You will NEVER speak to a live person using that number.

I then moved on to the live chat. I signed on and the message said average wait time is approximately 58 seconds. 1 hour later I finally reached a "person??". We went round and round with him first trying to blame the prison.

I put a stop to that right away. Then he told me that the regional Securus person met with inmates and dealt with their problems. Not true, that person is never in population and only picks up phone request sheets (PAN) for each facility.

Then I got tricky, I looked up what city and state their corporate headquarters are in.

I used the internet to access the Dallas Yellow pages and looked up Securus in there. I got their corporate number and spent over two hours talking to various people at the corporate offices. At the end of the very frustrating conversation, I told the staff member what I was going to do... I would file a complaint with the Texas Department of Criminal Justice Offender Telephone System Management Office at POB 4016 Huntsville, TX 77342-4016.

I also told them that I would be posting their corporate phone number everywhere online that I could find complaints.

The corporate phone number is 972-277-0300.If everyone who is furious with having to deal with them calls their corporate offices, they will be flooded with calls, their phone system will go down day after day and we will have achieved some modicum of revenge since justice with these people is impossible

This reviewer shared experience about order processing issue and wants this business to have the product delivered as the author lost $75. This person is overall dissatisfied with Securus Technologies. The most disappointing about securus phone services at Securus Technologies was supervisors, all their service sucks and customer service Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Securus Technologies.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Telecommunications category for more informed decision or compare Securus Technologies to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Securus Technologies?

Comments

Chicago, Illinois, United States #1272348

I agree that the issue here is not about our people staying out of prison.Instead, the focus should stay on their customer service not being able to resolve communication issues that resolves so that much needed communication can take place with the outsider and the inmate.

I also agree that trying to bypass an automated response system is virtually impossible.

This is ridiculous. I am seeking to file a complaint as well.

In the near future. I plan to try another inmate phone service to at least give them a chance. Take notice, when you run into issues where Securus needs to collaborate-it's not happening.

Is it the technology, is it lack of consistent training, is it saving money at the expense of the owner of the securus account?

Not only that, I plan to post these comments on facebook. Hope, when your business slows down you will pay attention and do your part to resolve these issues that your customer or the inmate can't resolve alone.

Terrible service.No human being when you need one the most.

Wouldn't it be better if your loved ones would stay out of jail? Hmmm .. or maybe learn to write the numbers?

Thank u for the corporate phone number!!!